chateauladurantie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://ladurantiechateau.forumactif.com

the hidden side of chateau la Durantie, lanouialle Empty the hidden side of chateau la Durantie, lanouialle

Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:14 pm
It looks wonderfull at first, nice property, swimming pool... but then what happenned?
You rent this place for a few days, fair enough, it is not cheap but well it is your choice.  Do you think that everything else is "included" in the rent,  well I thought so.

What a surprise!   you expect the chateau to be heated, no way, pay extra
if you want the pool heated, you have to cash out..
if you want the linen changed, it is extra..
if you want more towels, extra...
 to enjoy a BBQ by yourself, pay for the gas bottle
never ending list of extras... Mad

The wedding planner was kind of useless and not helpful on the day, must be the first time she did that,  often disappearing when needed most. Crying or Very sad

We  paid for a marquee, found out afterwards that it is not rented from an outside company (hence the cost of 2000 up to 3500£, depending of your look probably Evil or Very Mad ) but belongs to the owner of the chateau..

table cloths and napkins, extra 1€ each,  were stained (before use)
marquee's floor  a bit unstable, the bar starts deteriorating, fridges facilities not up to  levels of quality expected.

Kitchen used by the caterer (does a awesome job in such conditions) is a old wooden shed, equipment quite appalling, No  no dishwasher, everything done by hand....
state of the beer dispenser table, a wreck..

state of cleanliness outside and inside the main building, not up to the standards of other venues.  Wheely bins in plain vue.

some pieces of  furniture fixed up Mc Gyver style, rugs dirty and old, cracked tiles in some bathrooms, taps out of use in hand wash basins and the list goes on...

Breakfast paid 10€ for "industrial" croissants pale  (we are in France for goodness sake!)

I wonder, do you have to pay in France for recycling???

No lights between the chateau and the marquee, and uneven cobblestones in the path..

1 single toilet for 100 guests, what a shame, I am surprised we did not have to pay extra for the toilet paper...

lawns are not well taking care of, it was hot alright at the time we stayed, but do they ever water the lawns, it was burnt like in the desert.  Been to other places, same weather, beautifull lawns.

Obviously Victoria, Charlotte and Ralph  only have a ££ sign in their eyes,  they are so greedy.  Twisted Evil

By the way, everything has to be paid in cash, is this legal in France???

So what else could I say?   It took me some time to think about it, was planning to write a review on Tripadvisor or Facebook, but apparently chateau La durantie doesn't exist in the first one and there is no way you are able to leave a bad comment on the second one.
This was therefore the only solution to let you know, future couples, why you should not go to this "superb" venue.

Was I the only one to be conned in this place?  Let me know and lets do something about it

all the best anyway,
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum